Head of DevOps
Could you be our new Head of DevOps?
"The office is refreshingly politics free and there is a great atmosphere and a real team spirit. One of the company values is "No Ars*holes" which says it at all! The company is happy to share in their success by offering bonuses to all employees and there is a generous holiday allowance, pension contributions, health care scheme and such like."
Established in 2001, accessplanit provide training management software to businesses that deliver training, allowing them to take a fully integrated approach to every aspect of their business.
We are looking to recruit a Head of DevOps to drive our development operation results forward, lead our talented team to success and ensure that our product is delivering the results that our customers want.
This is a Company where you are encouraged to take ownership and use your initiative, with the freedom and autonomy to help take the business forward and be very much part of its success.
The Head of DevOps is the leader of the DevOps department and oversees all activities throughout new development, maintenance and infrastructure. This role is essential to making sure that the trains run on time by identifying the best way to lay down tracks.
The objective of this role is to ensure that accessplanit is able to deliver consistently on the product roadmap, maintains the product to a high standard and ensures that the business has the tools and infrastructure to deliver on customer promises.
This role provides management and leadership to the DevOps team, ensuring the team is motivated and delivers quality work to timescales and in an efficient manner, improving customer experience.
Specific Duties Include:
- Leadership and management of the DevOps team
- Work closely with key stakeholders to deliver on accessplanit’s vision, product and technical strategy
- Communicate the vision with the team and empower them to deliver against it
- Actively seek to understand trends and benchmarks, highlighting and implementing efficiency, productivity & security opportunities
- Contribute to the discussions and decisions of the leadership team in all aspects of the business as well as holding other members of the leadership team accountable for results
- Alert the leadership team to any concerns you have that may prevent the company achieving its goals
- Work with the Head of Product and SCRUM Master to ensure new features are planned and scheduled effectively
- Ensure that the development schedule is delivered in line with agreed product roadmap
- Ensure that maintenance and internal request work is delivered in line with (SLAs) and improve customer experience
- Ensure that the build cycle and software deployment is delivered on in a timely and high quality manner
- Ensure that internal IT, technical infrastructure and information security is managed and maintained with the objective or providing a disruption free and secure environment
- Maintain a culture of continuous improvement and customer experience
The Ideal Candidate
In addition to the skills highlighted below we only recruit people who believe they can make a difference, who are self-driven, tenacious and passionate about what they do.
To be considered for the role of Head of DevOps candidates must have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a DevOps, Development, IT or Operations management role
- A background in web development
- Demonstrable leadership and management skills
- A passion for customer experience and continuous improvement
- Experience of working within or leading an Agile development environment
- In-depth understanding of DevOps and technology and exceptionally good computer skills
- Experience in defining and executing development and technology strategies
- Strong communication skills from your team, your peers, customers and the wider business
- An understanding of information security within IT and development
It is preferred that the candidate also has:
- Experience in the SaaS industry
- A degree in relevant specialism
- Leadership role experience
We offer a great working environment in a new, purpose-built office situated in Lancaster City centre, plus opportunities for remote working.
We are passionate about providing opportunities to learn and develop, including guaranteed learning hours per month.
In addition, we offer:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Health cashback plan, following a successful probationary period
- Company profit bonus share scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
During this current period of lockdown, this position will be recruited on the basis of remote working, however when restrictions are lifted some office attendance is required.
Does this sound like you? To apply simply send an email to email@example.com with your details and a copy of your CV!
We’re an innovative software house delivering intelligent, adaptable and powerful learning and training management software that make training businesses even better.