Advantages Of Using eLearning Within Your Training Business
Most people are familiar with the term eLearning. It’s no new, and is often used as an element of a blended learning programme. It can be used to describe any training, courseware, guided learning reference material or assessment that is accessed electronically via a computer or mobile device. This could be in the form of a virtual classroom, an online module, assessment or a discussion and is based upon the premise that it is easily flexible and accessible and provides on-demand training and support.
Who uses it?
All kinds of organisations use eLearning, from private sector to non-profit , governments and educational institutions through to global companies. Check out how Delta KN use eLearning to deliver high quality training worldwide.
Why is it a preferred method of delivery?
- Save time and money on training and travel costs
- Reach geographically dispersed groups
- Provide ‘anywhere, anytime’ learning
- Provide consistency and keep staff compliant with regulations
- Improve productivity and effectiveness
What type of training is delivered?
- Introductory / orientation training
- Remedial training
- Certification training
- Academic courses
- Promotion of products and services
- Support for organisational initiatives
- Training to geographically spread out personnel Standardised training/knowledge
- Software training
What are the advantages?
- Access to learning whenever and wherever it’s needed
- Flexibility to learn at the learners pace
- Content that appropriate for the individual – such as new starters and experienced staff
- Easy access – for learning across multiple locations
- Ease and convenience of learning
- Clear validation to identify additional training needs
- Provides a consistent approach - not reliant on the skills and knowledge of a trainer
What should I consider?
- Use LMS software or a training management system to deliver eLearning
- Ensure the user interface or user portal is responsive across all devices including mobile and tablet.
- Ensure the interface offers high quality reporting and is capable of supporting multiple languages.
Learn more about using accessplanit's eLearning module here.
Other articles you might want to check out include:
LMS User Explains Benefits Of accessplanit Software
How LMS Supports Globalised Uniformity In Training Companies
Musgrave Supports 55,000 Learners With accessplanit Software