Manual Software Tester
£28K-£30K per annum
Could you be our Manual Software Tester?
"I've not been working for accessplanit very long, but I can safely say that I am very fortunate to be a part of this company. Everyone who works here is very dedicated not only to their work, but also to making the office space a friendly and supportive working environment."
Since 2001, we’ve been developing an award-winning software solution for training teams, helping them to scale and automate their business and delivering fantastic service along the way.
Our team are passionate about building a great business for our customers and each other, and at the heart of accessplanit are four core values: Never Give Up, Learn & Improve, Own It & No A***holes. These are values we all live by and have helped us create a company culture that our employees simply love (check out our Glassdoor profile!)
With a shared company profit bonus pot, regular ‘wine-downs’ and events throughout the year, a wellbeing support scheme complete with sick pay and great opportunities for career progression, this is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
The Manual Software Tester is an integral part of the DevOps team and is responsible for product testing throughout the product lifecycle, including defining testing plans, writing testing scenarios, completing manual testing, documenting and reporting testing outcomes, and working closely with DevOps, Product and Customer Operations to achieve customer outcomes.
Head of Development Operations
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for the role, candidates must:
- Understand the full test lifecycle
- Have excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Have a methodical approach
- Have excellent organisational skills to plan and prioritise efficiently
- Have a great eye for detail
- Have 2 years’ experience in a testing role
It is preferred that the candidate also has:
- Knowledge/Experience of Automation testing
- An ISTQB qualification
The Manual Software Tester role would require:
- Ownership of testing all new software features and changes
- Building and running manual acceptance tests
- Writing testing scenarios for upcoming features for other team members to follow
- Planning and executing user acceptance testing
- Reporting testing outcomes to relevant stakeholders
- Producing test documentation to the required standard e.g test plans and scripts
- Conducting quality testing on projects and issues to required processes and timescales
- Assisting with any function queries that arise from stakeholders following releases
- Providing objective feedback to software development project teams
- Taking ownership of role specific projects, working towards any required deadlines
- Providing a full test lifecycle oversight including identifying business requirements and organising functional and end to end testing for feedback and continuous integration
- Managing all aspects of release, new feature and bug fix testing
- Use testing and release methods to achieve the highest testing standards and best practices
- Collaborating with Customer and Product teams to understand feature requirements
- Working within the company’s procedures as stated on the Vault to meet the company objectives
- Participating in accessplanit user groups, exhibitions and training events as required
- Initiating and delivering quarterly rocks
We offer a great working environment in a purpose-built office situated in Lancaster City centre.
We are passionate about providing opportunities to learn and develop, including guaranteed learning hours per month.
In addition, we offer:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Healthcare Cashback Scheme
- Company profit bonus share
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company sick, maternity and paternity pay
- Access to industry events and learning and development opportunities
- Informal office spaces including pool table, dart board and beer fridge
- Charity initiatives
- Paid for social events
Does this sound like you? To apply simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and a copy of your CV!