Senior Product Manager
£45K-£50K per annum
Could you be our Senior Product Manager?
"I've not been working for accessplanit very long, but I can safely say that I am very fortunate to be a part of this company. Everyone who works here is very dedicated not only to their work, but also to making the office space a friendly and supportive working environment."
The Senior Product Manager is the driver of product priorities; using data, industry trends feedback and analysis to ensure that the business is focusing on the most important things.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for the planning and execution throughout the product
lifecycle including gathering, prioritising and analysing product and customer requirements and accountability for approving product changes. The role doesn’t stop once a feature is launched; the Senior Product Manager ensures that the product continues to meet customer needs and is adopted effectively in order to drive ROI and provide service excellence.
The Senior Product Manager directly manages the Product team and works in close collaboration with Head of DevOps to deliver the product strategy. This is a cross-functional role that works with the majority of teams to deliver the product priorities, ensure product adoption, generate revenue, and improve our customer’s experience. The Senior Product Manager works closely with the Managing Director to ensure that product goals are aligned with the direction of the company.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for the Senior Product Manager role, candidates must:
- Have experience managing a department, team or product and ensuring that business results are achieved
- Be data-led and have experience in gathering business insights and identifying trends from data, including a combination of data from multiple sources
- Have the ability to influence and persuade internal and external stakeholders
- Have worked cross-functionally to deliver on project goals
- Demonstrate strong project management skills and be pragmatic in approach, ensuring the delivery of the product roadmap within budget and timescales
- Have working knowledge of programming concepts, relational databases and User Interface/User Experience (UI/UE)
- Demonstrate business acumen in terms of understanding Return-on-Investment and measuring outcomes
It is preferred that the candidate also has:
- Managed SaaS Product Operations in B2B environment
- Experience driving complex projects or programs with several competing stakeholders, ideally in software development role
- A qualification in Product Management, Business Management or a related topic
Specific Duties Include:
- Working with key stakeholders to define the product strategy to support achievement of the
overall business objectives
- Communicate the vision with the team and empower them to deliver against it
- Actively seek to understand industry trends and best-practice, highlighting business
- Contribute to the discussions and decisions of the Leadership Team in all aspects of the
business as well as holding other members of the Leadership Team accountable for results
- Provide timely reports and feedback on product changes
- Alert the leadership team to any concerns you have that may prevent the Company achieving
- Keep the business up to date with product changes and revenue opportunities
- Provide feedback on individual performance on a regular basis (individual targets/ rocks)
- Provide one to one coaching and training of the team leaders to achieve goals
- Ensure team and individual motivation through Level 10 Meetings and quarterly reviews
- Recruit, select and induct Product roles
- Undertake performance management of employees if required
- Ensure the team have accurate and up to date information required to perform their role (The
- Identify the product priorities using data, feedback, analysis and market research to create and
maintain a product roadmap
- Work closely with the wider Product Development team to deliver the product roadmap in line
with accessplanit’s vision, business priorities and delivering an ROI
- Understand customer experience, fill product gaps and make UX improvements that reduce
support intervention, improve customer experience and drive feature-adoption
- Ensure that the product continues to meet customer and business needs including identifying
when features and integrations are no longer adding value or are causing friction
- Develop systems for product feedback including usage data, product suggestions, user groups
and support trends in order to identify product changes and enhancements
- Facilitate the release and documentation of new product features and enhancements, ensuring
goals are met in terms of usage, revenue generated and product-adoption
- To act as the bridge between the product and the rest of the business providing alignment
between product and go-to-market teams such as Sales and Marketing and Customer
- Act as the escalation point for Product issues and provide support for resolution
- Ensure that the Product team has the processes, tools and systems to work effectively
- Manage third-party product relationships including monitoring and managing required product
changes and identifying opportunities
- To oversee the customer request process, approve or decline custom requirements and provide
systems and support to allow customers and customer-facing teams to define requirements
ahead of submission
- Deliver the Product strategy to increase customer knowledge and staff onboarding
- To keep abreast of industry knowledge by attending conferences/events
- Work within the company’s procedures as stated on the Vault to meet the company objectives.
- Participate in accessplanit user groups, exhibitions and training events as required
- Initiate and deliver quarterly rocks
We offer a great working environment in a new, purpose-built office situated in Lancaster City centre.
We are passionate about providing opportunities to learn and develop, including guaranteed learning hours per month.
In addition, we offer:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Healthcare Cashback Scheme
- Company profit bonus share
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company sick, maternity and paternity pay
- Access to industry events and learning and development opportunities
- Informal office spaces including pool table, dart board and beer fridge
- Charity initiatives
- Paid for social events
The position is full time, however a 4-day working week would be considered.
Does this sound like you? To apply simply send an email to email@example.com with your details and a copy of your CV!