Could you be our Product Manager
"I've not been working for accessplanit very long, but I can safely say that I am very fortunate to be a part of this company. Everyone who works here is very dedicated not only to their work, but also to making the office space a friendly and supportive working environment."
Are you interested in joining a growing SaaS company based in central Lancaster? With a generous benefits package, great opportunities for career progression and a passionate and friendly team, accessplanit are seeking stand out talent in the North West.
We are looking to recruit a Product Manager who will be the driver of the Product Vision; ensuring the delivery and management of the Roadmap and Product Strategy. The Product Manager is the product champion both internally and externally.
The position will be based out of our Lancaster office but will include some remote working.
The Product Manager is responsible for the planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle. This will include the gathering, prioritising and analysing product and customer requirements and accountability for approving product changes.
This is a cross-functional role that works with the majority of teams to deliver the vision, ensure product adoption, generate revenue and improve customer experience. The Product Manager works closely with the Head of DevOps, Managing Director and Product Visionary to ensure technical, operational and product goals are aligned with the direction of the company.
Specific Duties Include:
- Working with the Product Visionary, define the product strategy to support achievement of the overall business objectives
- Communicate the vision with the team and empower them to deliver against it
- Actively seek to understand industry trends and best-practice, highlighting business opportunities
- Keep the business up to date with product changes and revenue opportunities
- Provide one to one coaching and training for the Product Owner, Software Tester and UX Designer to assist them in achieving their goals
- Recruit, select and induct the roles identified above
- Ensure the team have accurate and up to date information required to perform their role (The Vault)
- Define and deliver the product roadmap and product strategy in line with accessplanit’s vision
- Understand customer experience, fill product gaps and make UX improvements that reduce support intervention, improve customer experience and drive feature-adoption
- Develop systems for product feedback including usage data, product suggestions, user groups and support trends in order to identify product changes and enhancements
- Facilitate the release and documentation of new product features and enhancements, ensuring goals are met in terms of usage, revenue generated and product-adoption
- Manage third-party product relationships including monitoring and managing required product changes and identifying opportunities
- To manage the customer request process, approve or decline custom requirements and provide systems and support to allow customers and customer-facing teams to define requirements ahead of submission
The Ideal Candidate
In addition to the skills highlighted below we only recruit people who believe they can make a difference, who are self-driven, tenacious and passionate about what they do. They must have a genuine enthusiasm for providing exceptional technical service.
To be considered for the role of Product Manager candidates must:
- Have managed the SaaS Product Development Cycle within a complex Business to Business Company
- Have the ability to influence and persuade internal and external stakeholders to ensure unity on the Product Vision
- Demonstrate strong project management skills and be pragmatic in approach, ensuring the delivery of the Product Roadmap and Vision within budget and timescales
- Have working knowledge of programming concepts, relational databases and User Interface/User Experience (UI/UE)
- Have knowledge of Agile Methodologies
- Demonstrate business acumen in terms of identifying ROI on Product Road Map
It is preferred that the candidate also has:
- A degree in either Business Management/ Strategy or Computer Science / Software Development
We offer a great working environment in a new, purpose-built office situated in Lancaster City centre.
We are passionate about providing opportunities to learn and develop, including guaranteed learning hours per month.
In addition, we offer:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Healthcare, following a successful probationary period
- Company Profit Bonus Share Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Sick pay
Established in 2001, accessplanit provide training management software to businesses that deliver training, allowing them to take a fully integrated approach to every aspect of their business.
This is a Company where you are encouraged to take ownership and use your initiative, with the freedom and autonomy to help take the business forward and be very much part of its success.