£35K - 40K per annum (dependent on experience)
Could you be our Product Manager?
"accessplanit is a growing company with a shared vision, bright talented people and a great place to work. There is a shared believe that the business can only be successful if we fit the culture and have the skills to do the job we are employed to do. There are no politics, positioning or egos. If you’re looking to be part of a company with leadership and great ethics, who value staff and give them the opportunity to learn, improve, progress and share in the financial success – check us out."
The Product Manager is responsible for the management of the product roadmap. This is achieved by effectively scoping and shaping product specifications, the overall coordination of the product backlog, and working across teams and the customer base to ensure that all user journeys are catered for.
As Product Manager, you will collate and analyse product feedback, define product specifications, manage the product backlog, and work closely with the DevOps team to deliver releases as well as with the wider business to facilitate product adoption. You will identify user needs in alignment with user journeys within the accessplanit platform and the product strategy.
The Product Manager works in conjunction with the wider Product team to ensure the effective roll out of new features and product enhancements.
Head of Product
- Working with the Head of Product, deliver the product strategy to support achievement of the overall business objectives
- Develop specifications for product features so they are clearly understood by the development team, ensuring input is gathered from the relevant teams and customers where required
- Convert functional needs and user stories into user journeys
- Reviews and accepts that developments have been completed against specification and agreed deliverables
- Working through Agile management to develop a prioritised feature backlog and corresponding justification for features as well as iterating based on product feedback
- Evaluate products and new features against industry trends and alternative solutions to those that already exist (e.g. integrations and third-party tools vs building a new feature)
- Stay on top of all user feedback from multiple channels on a regular basis and participate in user research to develop an understanding of user behaviour, pain points and improvement opportunities
- Create wireframes, user flows and prototypes of solutions and iterating following feedback
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally
- Provide 3rd line and escalation support to technical support teams for relevant queries and issues
- Work within the company’s procedures as stated on the Vault to meet the company objectives.
- Participate in accessplanit user groups, exhibitions and training events as required
- Initiate and deliver quarterly objectives
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for the role of Product Manager candidates must:
- Have a minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Product Manager, Business Analyst or Project Manager in a software or IT business
- Demonstrate strong project management skills and be pragmatic in approach, ensuring the delivery of the product roadmap and roll out plans (proven track-record of delivering projects to budget and timescales)
- You are customer-focused, and passionate about designing and building great user experiences
- Experienced in gathering requirements, assessing risks and producing specifications and scopes of work for software features or IT projects
- You are problem focused, not feature driven
- Have the ability to research and assess different solutions to a problem and propose recommendations
- Be data-led and have experience in gathering business insights and identifying trends from data, including a combination of data from multiple sources
- Be a team player and have the ability to collaborate successfully
- Demonstrate commercial awareness in terms of identifying ROI on the product roadmap and ability to build business cases
It is preferred that the candidate also has:
- A degree in a related field such as Business Management / Analysis, IT or Project Management
- Working knowledge of User Interface/User Experience and Accessibility standards
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile methodologies
Benefits at accessplanit
We offer a great working environment in a new, purpose-built office situated in Lancaster City centre.
We are passionate about providing opportunities to learn and develop, including guaranteed learning hours per month.
In addition, we offer:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Healthcare Cashback Scheme
- Company profit bonus share
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company sick, maternity and paternity pay
- Access to industry events and learning and development opportunities
- Informal office spaces including pool table, dart board and beer fridge
- Charity initiatives
- Paid for social events
Established in 2001, accessplanit provide training management software to businesses that deliver training, allowing them to take a fully integrated approach to every aspect of their business.
This is a Company where you are encouraged to take ownership and use your initiative, with the freedom and autonomy to help take the business forward and be very much part of its success.