Junior/Graduate Software Developer
£28K - £30K per annum
Could you be our Junior Software Developer?
"accessplanit is a superb place to work with a super friendly, supportive team. Everyone is really passionate about making the business great. There's no micro-managing, there's a level of trust which allows everyone to make their own decisions and be self-sufficient, while also having access to guidance and support whenever required."
Since 2001, we’ve been developing an award-winning software solution for training teams, helping them to scale and automate their business and delivering fantastic service along the way.
Our team are passionate about building a great business for our customers and each other, and at the heart of accessplanit are four core values: Never Give Up, Learn & Improve, Own It & No A***holes. These are values we all live by and have helped us create a company culture that our employees simply love (check out our Glassdoor profile!)
With a shared company profit bonus pot, regular ‘wine-downs’ and events throughout the year, a wellbeing support scheme complete with sick pay and great opportunities for career progression, this is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
The position will be based out of our Lancaster office but will include some remote working.
The Role is an exciting role for a Junior or newly graduated developer to gain experience in a fast-paced agile development environment. You will report directly to our Head of DevOps and be directly supported by our fantastic team of developers.
You will be given the opportunity to learn and develop your own skills and knowledge while providing hands-on technical support to various areas of the business.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Follow specifications and apply use cases to ensure the developed product satisfies its requirements
- Manage support tickets from receipt through to deployment
- Keep accurate records of the development process, changes and results as required
- Document system functionality to facilitate testing and assist in the production of system help guides
- Receive, understand, and implement feedback from code reviews
- Follow the acceptance testing procedure through to completion
- Awareness of and adherence to development team SLAs
- Ensure your system is regularly backed up and committed work is pushed to the development repository in a timely manner
- Work within the company’s Quality Management System to meet objectives
- Understanding of your own objectives, as well as those of the team and the company and what is required to achieve them
Here at accessplanit, you are encouraged to take ownership and use your initiative, with the freedom and autonomy to help take the business forward and be very much part of its success.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for the Junior Developer role, candidates must have
- Programming skills gained from your degree course or self-learning, ideally using web-based languages such as C#/Java
- Experience with group problem solving
- Able to work in an agile development environment supporting the team and product owner with feature refinement and prioritization
- Effective communication skills, both technical and personal
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Understanding of the full development life cycle
- Proven experience of successfully working to deadlines
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously, adapting as required to the current demands of the team
In addition to the skills above, accessplanit employees are self-driven, tenacious, and passionate about what they do.
We are passionate about providing opportunities to learn and develop, including guaranteed learning hours per month.
In addition, we offer:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Healthcare Cashback Scheme
- Company profit bonus share
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company sick, maternity and paternity pay
- Access to industry events and learning and development opportunities
- Informal office spaces including pool table, dart board and beer fridge
- Charity initiatives
- Paid for social events