Customer Support Team Manager
£28K per annum
Could you be our Customer Support Team Manager?
"The great thing about working for accessplanit is that everyone is encouraged to contribute , everyone is listened to and everyone shares in the benefits, from the profit share scheme, through to all the learning and social events"
Do you have what it takes to be an accessplaniteer?
We’re looking to hire a Customer Support Team Manager to join our amazing accessplanit team.
Since 2001, we’ve been developing an award-winning software solution for training teams, helping them to scale and automate their business and delivering fantastic service along the way.
Our team are passionate about building a great business for our customers and each other, and at the heart of accessplanit are four core values: Never Give Up, Learn & Improve, Own It & No A***holes. These are values we all live by and have helped us create a company culture that our employees simply love (check out our Glassdoor profile!)
With a shared company profit bonus pot, regular ‘wine-downs’ and events throughout the year, a wellbeing support scheme complete with sick pay and great opportunities for career progression, this is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate
Reporting to the Head of Customer Operations, the role of the Customer Support Team Manager is responsible for ensuring the Customer Support Team provide professional and efficient helpdesk support to all our accessplanit customers who require further guidance post implementation or have a system problem that needs resolving through email, phone, and our support software.
A strong customer service mindset is the key to succeeding in this role. This is a hands-on role ensuring continued service excellence is achieved in every customer interaction and the team are supported through regular coaching and quality initiatives.
Providing leadership and management of the team, ensuring that all customer queries are resolved in a timely and professional manner. To analyse quality and response times of support given and escalations to be dealt with personally and in line with the escalation process, ensuring the Head of Customer Operations is kept informed every step of the way.
As the Team Manager, you will assist the Head of Customer Operations with the standardisation of helpdesk services and procedures along with streamlining any discovered inefficiencies. This role will play a key part in the continued development of the Customer Support Team and our customer knowledge documentation.
- Leadership and management of the Customer Support Team including work scheduling, ticket distribution and capacity planning
- Ensure the accessplanit Support Team is always covered
- Conduct regular spot checks on tickets across the Support Team to ensure tickets are assigned with enough time to meet the SLA’s as well as time to resolution
- Manage the day-to-day priorities ensuring all high priority tickets are managed and updated daily as well as ensuring the overall workload meets SLA’s and customer satisfaction
- Continuously improve customer facing methods of self-help by ensuring the team are updating the Helpguide as information is found and following any insights picked up through monthly ticket reviews
- Review and monitor the quality of tickets and information sent across to Development and Product teams to ensure investigation detail meets the service standard
- Undertake regular analysis of tickets and share these insights with the Head of Operations so this can be used across the business to drive continuous improvement
- To act as an escalation point for the team, providing coaching and support where needed. Take on escalated tickets where appropriate and requested and manage and monitor through to resolution
- Monitor and review ticket surveys regularly. Follow up on all satisfaction ratings under 4* directly with the customer and record this in the associated ticket
- Work with the development and product teams to ensure tickets that require these areas of knowledge are managed timely and in line with the ticket process and SLA’s
- Promote an educational approach to service to encourage knowledge growth in the customer base and to reduce the need and reliance on the helpdesk for tasks the customers have the ability to carry out themselves
- Ensure the team identifies when support requests are part of a chargeable service and transfers this through to Customer Success where appropriate with clear lines of communication to the customer
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for the Customer Support Team Manager role, candidates must have:
- People management experience essential with the ability to motivate and coach a small team
- Collaborative and compassionate management style
- The ability to lead by example in performance, behaviour and attitude
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to deal with customers and employees at all levels
- Good attention to detail, time management skills and teamwork.
- A strong customer focus and problem-solving skills
In addition to the skills above, accessplanit employees are self-driven, tenacious, and passionate about what they do.
We are passionate about providing opportunities to learn and develop, including guaranteed learning hours per month.
In addition, we offer:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Healthcare Cashback Scheme, following a successful probationary period
- Company Profit Bonus Share Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Sick pay
Here at accessplanit, you are encouraged to take ownership and use your initiative, with the freedom and autonomy to help take the business forward and be very much part of its success.