Business Development Manager
£30K per annum £45K OTE (uncapped)
Could you be our Business Development Manager?
"accessplanit is a superb place to work with a super friendly, supportive team. Everyone is really passionate about making the business great. There's no micro-managing, there's a level of trust which allows everyone to make their own decisions and be self-sufficient, while also having access to guidance and support whenever required."
Are you interested in joining a growing SaaS company based in central Lancaster? With a generous benefits package, great opportunities for career progression and a passionate and friendly team, accessplanit are seeking stand out talent in the North West.
Don’t think you have the right experience? We are more interested in your motivations, what excites you about creating customer solutions and delivering value, what ambitions you have for yourself and the companies you work for.
We are looking to recruit a passionate Business Development Manager whose role is to close new business deals to drive company growth. Using a consultative sales approach to answer prospective client needs by demonstrating exceptional knowledge of the system and identifying the benefits and value it will bring to the clients organisation.
For the right person this is a brilliant role, with opportunity for personal and financial growth.
At accessplanit, we operate a remote-first model however in-person attendance will be required as requested.
As Business Development Manager your focus will be on developing long term relationships with major players in the training industry, providing solutions to their training administration challenges.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Achieving sales targets in line with company sales plan through effective negotiation and follow through
- Generating, managing and closing new business opportunities
- Qualifying prospects, deciding if the system can add value to the organisation moving forward or letting go accordingly
- Preparing proposals and request for proposal (RFP) responses
- Conducting web based and face to face product demonstrations
- Managing sales opportunities and the pipeline
- Keeping up to date with the product developments and new features
- Identify industry trends and seize potential opportunities
- Coaching and mentoring other team members and providing deal support
The Ideal Candidate
In addition to the skills highlighted below we only recruit people who believe they can make a difference, who are self-driven, tenacious and passionate about what they do. They must have a genuine enthusiasm for providing exceptional technical service.
To be considered for the Business Development Manager role, candidates must have:
2 years + experience in sales, this can include Customer Success and Account Management roles
- SaaS or software sales background
- Demonstrable solution / consultative selling in a business-to-business environment
- Experience selling remotely and face-to-face to end customers
- A passion for helping customers to become successful
- Experience in coaching and mentoring other team members and providing deal support
It is preferred that the candidate also has:
- A driving license
- Experience in the training or education sector
We offer a great working environment in a new, purpose-built office situated in Lancaster City centre.
We are passionate about providing opportunities to learn and develop, including guaranteed learning hours per month.
In addition, we offer:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Healthcare, following a successful probationary period
- Company Profit Bonus Share Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Sick pay
Established in 2001, accessplanit provide training management software to businesses that deliver training, allowing them to take a fully integrated approach to every aspect of their business.
This is a Company where you are encouraged to take ownership and use your initiative, with the freedom and autonomy to help take the business forward and be very much part of its success.